Monday, February 2, 2015

Premiere End Chapter 4

               Ill-mannered

Clive expression changed.
The earlier just “okay” changed to a puzzled one.

“If that is really true, then… no no no… must be a mistake.. right right.. must be a mistake”
“Big bro?  What’s this announcement thing?”
“Nothing to be concerned about. Just ignore it.”
“Okay”


Both of them closed the announcement window but Clive was still dwelling onto the matter.
He was bothered by it. He had some theories thought up but nothing to support them, so despite that he was forced to abandon it and started to focus on matter in front of him.

“Guess it would be best to just postpone it for a while... Now then, you’re Thomas Harlequinn right?”
“Ah yes I am. But you could call me Thomas or Harlequinn or Tomy or Harly or whatever you prefer. Hahahaha”
“Heh... You sure can talk huh”
“Hahaha, I don’t understand what you are referring to, so I am confused that you’re confused… It’s like our confusion fused… We’re Con-Fused… Get it? Con-Fused. hahahaha”

Clive got irritated. He clenched his fist and was ready to hit Thomas but somehow he was able to endure it.

“We’re here because of the quest”
“Ah yes… of course… Let me just check…”

After that Thomas reached for the drawer looking for something.
Then a window appeared in front of Clive


Quest: Start of an Adventure - Complete

                Quest reward:  300 Experience
             500 Coppers

             New Functions added -
             Function: Friend list
             Function: Adventurer’s Billboard
                                             Function: Guild      
                                             
[ Okay ]                                                               

Clive pressed the [ Okay ] button and quickly after that his whole body ignited for a split second. He was covered in White Flame for a moment but there were neither burns nor injuries.  
Clive’s eyes expanded.

He turned to Misa to ask if she saw what happened.

“Did you see tha-..”

Upon turning he saw Misa ignited as well. She was also covered with White Flame but the flame also quickly dissipated after that.

“Big bro! that was amazing”
“Ah yeah...  What did you do?”
“I pressed [ Okay ] just like what you did”
“Thomas, tell me could that be? “
“Yes yes.. That’s an indication that you’ve leveled up”

Clive then pressed the Menu button and opened the status window.


   Name: Clive       Level: 2       Exp : 200/250
       HP: 75/75   MP: 53/53          Class: Novice    
       Pet: None

       Dmg: 7(1)        Mgc: 7              Rng: 0
       Def: 7(3)         ASpd: 7             MSpd: 7
       Mdef: 7           Dtc: 3                Eff: 3       
       Str: 15 +       Agi: 15 +  
       Int: 15 +      Spr: 6    +               
       Vit: 15 +                              

       Points: 5                                                                                      


“So I leveled up huh… Thomas what’s next?”
“Ah yes yes…  Please take these documents to Master Ringulf”
A quest box appeared in front of Clive upon handing the papers that Thomas was looking for earlier

Quest Item Received:

                1 x Necessary Documents 

Misa also received the quest item from Thomas. And after receiving the quest item Clive tapped the button that appeared on top of the Quest item and then a new window appeared

Quest: Necessary Documents

                Hand the documents to Master Adventurer Ringulf Randolf to receive his stamp to register to the Adventurer’s Guild.

     Quest guide: Find Master Adventurer Ringulf Randolf and hand over Necessary Documents

                Quest reward:  400 Experience
                 1 Silver 200 Coppers
                 1 x Adventurer Shirt
                                         1 x Adventurer Pants
          

ACCEPT?
YES / NO                                                                             

Clive quickly accepted the quest and then he asked Thomas

“Thomas where’s this Ringulf guy located?”
“You can find Master Ringulf on the rooftop.”
“I see.. Thanks..”
“My pleasure..”
“Ah! one more thing.. Thomas. This is called Adventurer’s Hall right? Then, where are the adventurers?”
 “Ah yes yes…  The adventurer’s usually gather on the 4th floor of the building… There are stalls there where you can buy drinks and food… Basically that floor is where the Adventurer’s socialize”
“Hmm… is that so.. “
“Yes yes ofcourse… Ah… I’m afraid that the elevator can’t go directly to the rooftop. So you have to take the stairs on 4th floor to get there’”
“I see… Thanks…”
“It’s my pleasure”

Clive and Misa left the room and rode the elevator to go to the 4th Floor.

(So the Hall is located in 4th floor. Well, if you want to have fun of some sort inside a building, the highest floor is the only choice. So that’s why I….)

While processing his thoughts a growl was heard inside the elevator. The only ones inside the elevator was Misa and Clive.  Clive was wondering who that was so he turned around and saw Misa with an embarrass look on her face.

“B-Big bro. I’m hungry”
“Hungry? Oh right, I didn’t notice the time… Let’s go fetch some food upstairs before we finish the quest”
“Okay”

Misa happily replied then after that, the elevator’s door opened.
There revealed a sight of an energetic crowd.  It was how you would imagine an Adventurer’s Hall would be. 
It was a place where people are Dining, Exchanging Information, Recruiting and Socializing.

 “Big bro… There’re a lot of people in here”
“I can see that...”
“Let’s eat, let’s eat”
“Right... I guess I’m going to have some burgers”
“Then, I want burgers too”
“Oka~y, Oka~y”

Both of them went to the Burger Stall. There was no line at the moment and the owner was just sitting there.

When Clive got close to the stall he looked at the menu on top to check for the price of the burger.

“60 Coppers huh… Hmm… I guess I have to do my own research later…”
“What’s the matter Big bro?”
“Nothing… Anyways, you have money from the quest right? “
“What money?”
“*Sigh*… The quest reward!”
“I don’t… *hic* understand… please don’t be *hic* mad at me”
“I’m not mad… *sigh*….  Anyways, just copy me. We need to pay for the food..”
“*hic* okay”
“Old man, give me 2 burgers and drinks...”
“That’d 160c...”

  Clive opened his inventory to take some money


    Inventory:
        [Gold:0     Silver:0     Copper:]

        Items:   

  •  Necessary Documents





        1/50       


(Hmm.. How do I withdraw money anyways?)

Clive searched for a withdraw button on his inventory but he can’t find anything. He then tried to tap the area where the money is located.
After doing so, a small window appeared on top of his inventory.

    Withdraw:
       G: [0        ]S:[0         ]C: [80    ]

                                [Okay]           [Close]                  

Clive placed the amount he needed and tapped okay.
After that, the money that he inputted earlier materialized in his hands

“Ohhh…  Big bro that was amazing”
“You really change gears so fast”
“Hmm? I don’t understand”
“Never mind”
“Oka~y”

Misa copied what Clive did and gave the money to him.
Clive then handed the money to the old man and then the food that they ordered slowly appeared on top of the counter as if light is forming it out of thin air.

Misa saw it and her eyes were glittering.

“Big bro! Big bro! Did you see that?”
“Yeah I saw it…”
“Here’s your order… Thank you for your patronage…”
“Ah.. thanks”

They took their order and sat on a vacant table.

“Bwiig Bwo.. Dirsh ishh yowmi.. omnomnom..”
“Don’t talk when your mouth full..  Jeez… Didn’t your parents teach you about manners?”
“But.. Dirsh ish sho good.. omnomnom..”
“*Sigh*”

While they were sitting there an arm clung to Clive’s shoulder.
“Hello there… Newbies right?.. What’s your level?”
“Put your hands off me..”

Clive glared to the person who was disturbing his lunch.

“Woah… take it easy newbie… “
“Don’t call me newbie… you trash…”
“Hahaha… Scary… Come on, are you sure you want to pick a fight with me?” 
“Are you threatening me?”
“Not really… Actually, I want to recruit you… “
“Recruit me to what?”
“To our guild”
“No thanks.”
“I see... can’t be helped… then, how about you little lady?”
“Ahmm…”
“She’s not joining”
“But I’m talking to her, not you.  So how about it little la-”
Clive stood up.
“I SAID SHE’S NOT JOINING!”

The atmosphere in the area changed. Everyone was looking at them.  The earlier warm and lively mood changed into a tense and cold one.

“Okay… Okay… By the way little lady I’m Marcon. If you change your mind just find me in here… “
“Tsk. Trash”

Marcon left and Clive sat back again to resume his lunch.

“Big bro? are you oka-“
“Listen… Never talk to shady people like that..”
“I don’t understand..”
“Do I really have to explain everything to you?”
“Yep. Hehe.”
“*sigh* you’re so carefree as usual… Look, He clearly knows that we’re newbies. So if you think about it. Why would a person invite someone to his guild if they’re weak?”
“I don’t know?”
“*sigh* Nevermind”
“Jeez… Big bro tell me…”
“Forget it, finish your food”
“Hmmm”

Misa pouted her cheeks because of Clive not explaining her properly.
Misa is still a child so she did not understand what was happening, but Clive knew that that person was clearly onto something. He knew that even though mostly all of the things that are present are changed based on a game, people is still included in the equation.

If people are present then it also means that all sorts of people related issues are still present. Like vanity, politics, and the worst of all, crime.

Clive was clueless to the kind of world he now lives in so it’s very crucial to choose the people he chooses to associate with.

They finished their meal and headed towards the stairs that leads to the rooftop.
It was a spiral staircase located to the side of the hall. They then took the stairs and found a glass box near the edge of the building.

The glass is a kind of a mirror that reflects where there is light and is transparent on the opposite.

“Hmm… He must be inside”

They both entered the glass box and saw a man’s back facing towards the town.

The overview of the town can be seen from the room. Though the view was spectacular, it loses its value because of room's air filled smoke and air that reeks off with the smell of cigar.

“*cough* Hey, are you Ringulf?”

The man turned around and looked at them with hostile glaring eyes. 
One look and Clive knew that he is bad news, you could say that he was your typical badass because of his condescending attitude, full beard and his scar on his right cheek down to his neck.

“What if I am?”

Although Ringulf was intimidating Clive returned gaze towards him.

“I’m here for the quest… “
“So newbies right…”
“Granpa don’t bully Big bro!”

Misa suddenly interjected with Clive and Ringulf’s heating conversation. Ringulf’s eye widened upon seeing Misa who’s hiding behind Clive.

 “Claire?… No, impossible…   Little girl I’m not bullying him”

Clive was confused what was happening. The earlier ill-mannered Ringulf is now acting weird

 “I’m not a little girl! *hic* and you’re clearly bullying Big bro.”
“Ackk… No.. I’m no-“
“You’re just the same the person *hic* who’s bullying Big bro earlier. I hate you!”
“Ackkkk... no more”

(Was that a critical hit?)

“Hey we’re just here for the quest.  We need your stamp”
“*sob* actually I’m here to explain things from you… *sobs* then after that I’ll give you the stamp”

(It doesn’t seem like he’s a bad person)

“I see… you sure are a rowdy person for an NPC ”
“Is that what you call them? *sobs*”
“Call them? Hey stop crying”
“Yeah, I’m sure you’ve encountered them those *sobs* lifeless people who responds the same thing *sobs*”
“For god’s sake stop crying… Yeah I’m talking about them”
“Granpa you heard Big bro stop crying. you’re an adult”
“But.. *sobs*”
“*sigh*”

Clive lets out a huge sigh. He then saw a water dispenser and took a glass full water and handed it to Ringulf.

“Here… Calm down and have some water”
*sobs*” and now you’re consoling me”
“You’re annoying”
“Kid, you’re a good person… What’s your name”
“I’m Clive and this here is Misa”
“I’m Ringulf and I’m in charge of this facility”

Ringulf finally calmed down

“I’m sorry for my actions. It’s just that it has been really hard for me… My granddaughter just died 2 weeks ago and now this sudden spurt of newbies…  I’ve been busy for days, because of that… and this is supposed to be an easy job…”
“So you just want to laze around?”
“Yes”
“Don’t agree!, Anyways what do you mean by that?”
“6 days ago tons of newbies came here to register. I wasn’t able to count them. It was around thousands. I’m not exactly sure”
“That’s a lot”
“Yeah, it was hell for the last 6 days… and when I thought it was finally done… You then came with your arrogance”
“well… I mean I nee-“

While they were talking a huge box appeared outside the window

“Test mic, Test mic…. Okay good…

NOW!...  HELLO EVERYONE!  I’m Corniele!

The organizer of this game! “


_________________________________________________________________________
Side note: Please like my facebook page... thnx
  





6 comments:

  1. thnx for the new chapter.. finally a mc that doesnt accept the random invite.. and get screwed for it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like the trusting types either.

      Delete
    2. yeah and he not stupid that great for a change!!

      Delete
  2. Still no new chapter

    ReplyDelete
  3. no answer, no information, means for me that this projekt is dead.
    Seems like we can delete this page from our favorites.
    It was a nice story, may it rest in peace =(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come back to us!!! =( =(

    ReplyDelete